Historical Portrait of Nefertari’s Coronation, Fully handmade Egyptian Papyrus, Royal material, 180x80 cm, Multiple uses, Wall Hanging, Gift, Souvenir, Heavy Gouache Paint.
• 100% Royal Handmade Egyptian Papyrus, planted by the sunlight along the Nile River shores.
• Best of Egyptian papyrus, which was a very valuable plant in Ancient History. It was a symbol of peace and prosperity in the Egyptian civilization. It was primary grew in the wilds of the Delta or along the Nile River.
• Gouache rich paint with royal history, inspired techniques from Ancient Egyptian artists.
• Detailed historical portrait of Queen Nefertari’s Coronation, Decorated with Hieroglyphic letters and symbols.
• Follow Queen Nefertari’s coronation ceremony, the queen holds two jars making offerings to Goddess and Gods. The two jars contain two sorts of oil, one contains Lotus oil and one contains Papyrus oil.
• Queen Nefertari, the first wife and queen of king Ramesses II. She is marked in the history with her intelligence and strong personality. She supported her husband in ruling Egypt. After his death she crowned the new Queen of Egypt
A scene depicts the coronation of Queen Nefertari, the wife of Ramses II. Reading the scene from the right side, we can see King Horus representing protection and guiding Queen Nefertari to offer sacrifices to Goddess Hathor. Queen Nefertari is giving jars asking for the blessings of the goddess. The two jars contain two different oils; Papyrus oil which is a symbol of peace and Lotus oil, which is a symbol of love and happiness. Offering those jars signifies living happily in peace and love. Goddess Hathor is depicted as a cow goddess with head horns, in which is set a sun disk with Uraeus (cobra).
She is the goddess of love, beauty, and motherhood. In the right side of the scene, we can find a King offering lotus flowers. Lotus flowers are Religious symbol for rebirth and regeneration to Goddess Hathor. Besides, the king stands Goddess Ma’at who is justice and truth Goddess with Queen Nefertari. The two Goddess support to the king symbolizes the important role of the woman in her husband live, applying the saying of “behind every successful man is a woman”.
The scene on the Papyrus is handmade and painted by Egyptian artists. They use Gouache paint which is royal paint used by the Ancient Egyptian artists. It is a combination of water and oil colors to give the scene its originality and value. Gouache paint has a heavy and lovely texture that absorbs light rather than reflecting it, creating a very smooth appearance. This makes it ideal for opaque coverage.
Our papyrus is handmade the same way as the Ancient Egyptians. We are licensed from the government to make this papyrus artwork.
|Paper Size||100 x 70 Cm|