- Print of Ra’s Night Journey to the Underworld as described in the Amduat, the royal funerary text translated as "Text of the Hidden Chamber Which is in the Underworld" in beautiful vibrant traditional colors typically used in ancient Egyptian art.
- Printed on a large 25” x 35” (60 x 90 cm) canvas—perfect large wall art for warming up any space.
- This portrait is a limited edition design as only 10 pieces have been produced.
- This is an original piece of art, created by a talented Egyptian artist and dedicated solely to our store.
- It is shipped rolled, in a secure drawing sheet container.
Adorned with hieroglyphics, motifs and symbols, this print accurately captures the night journey as described in the Amduat.
The Amduat is a significant funerary text of the New Kingdom. Like many funerary texts, it was found written on the inside of the pharaoh's tomb. Unlike other funerary texts, however, it was reserved only for pharaohs.
It tells the story of Ra, the Egyptian sun god who travels through the underworld, from the time of the sunset in the west and the sunrise in the east. It is said that the deceased Pharaoh is taking the same journey, ultimately to become unified with Ra and live forever.
This print depicts Ra, the god of the sun and other gods as they travel through the netherworld. Ra travels on his barque (boat), through the Duat (underworld). During this journey Re unites with Osiris, god of the dead, and is reborn for each new day.
This 25 x 35 inches (60 x 90 cm) handmade print wall hanging will bring harmony and warmth to any space. Perfect for lovers of ancient Egyptian mythology.